ARIS Stellantriebe GmbH
The ARIS pneumatic part-turn actuators provide a uniform torque in a sleek case that is used both for the double and single acting. The pneumatic actuators are available with a variety of accessories and various options. We supply the drives individually or directly on a fully assembled fitting.
PD/PE actuators (type 15 and higher) feature a bi-directional travel stop which allow a ±10° adjustment in both closing and opening directions. This guarantees a range of adjustment between 70° and 110° of actuator stroke. Travel stops are designed to absorb the maximum rated torque of the actuator and the maximum impact load associated with recommended speed stroke.
To increase piston resistance both travel stops arrest the pistons in their part with the largest mass of material. Adjustment of the CCW and CW rotation is effected by turning the respective left (MAX) and right stop (0°) adjustment screws.
Single and double-acting pneumatic actuators
- Namur VDI/VDE 3845 and ISO 5211 connections on all sizes. No special blocks are required to mount solenoid valves, limit switches or positioners.
- The standard angle of rotation is 90Åã. Additional travel rotations of 120°, 135°, 150° and 180° are available. PD/PE 15 and upper sizes feature a travel stop wit ±10° in both open and close directions. Other angles (e.g. 30°) are optional.
- The female pinion drive is standard with a double square output drive, and optional with a double-D drive, keyed drive and designs to meet your specific requirements.
- Shaft bearings isolate the pinion gear from the housing and support the shaft for high cycle applications.
- Ambient temperature: -20 °C to +80 °C (optional -40 °C to +150 °C).
- The pinion teeth are engaged for the full length and stroke of the piston.
- The pinion height allows manual override without disturbing the indicated positions.
- External open/close indicator is standard, available indicators for all rotations.
- Pistons incorporate double wear pads to separate the rack from the actuator wall and serve as both guide and wear bearings.
- PD/PE series pistons feature a keyway as anti-blowout system.
- All internal and external components are treated to increase corrosion resistance.
- Epoxy coated special steel springs are pre-loaded.
- The stainless steel end cap fasteners are extra long to allow for spring relaxation (PE only).
- Air pressure operation from 2 to 10 bar (40–150 PSI). Water, nitrogen and compatible hydraulic fluids may also be used to power the actuator.
- All external fasteners are corrosion resistant stainless steel.
- All units are permanently lubricated at the factory with non-silicone grease.
- All units are externally stamped with a progressive traceable serial number.
- 100% of all units are factory pressure leak tested.
- Housing anodized aluminum
- Connections acc. DIN/ISO/NAMUR
- Settable travel stops
- Pre-stressed protected springs
- Position indicator
- SIL2 approved
|Specifications PD/PE pneumatic actuator
|Electroless nickel coated carbon steel (stainless steel optional), blow-out proof
|Anodized or powder-coated
|Technopolymer, large contact area, long life resistance.
|Extruded aluminium housing
|Temperature range from -20 °C to +80 °C (-10 °F to +176 °F)
with standard Buna-N seals. Higher temperature with optional
Viton seals and technopolymer piston guides and bearings:
120 °C (250 °F) continuous and 150 °C (300 °F) cyclic. Lower
temperatures with silicone seals: -50 °C (-55 °F).
Stainless steel raw
Stainless steel blank